Playgroup SA is a strong advocate for play, as play is essential for a child’s brain development. It allows them to foster creativity, social and physical skills, cognitive and emotional development as well as practice and master newly developed skills, gain confidence and learn about the world around them.
“Children need the freedom and time to play. Play is not a luxury. Play is a necessity.” -Kay Redfield Jamison
“When we treat children’s play as seriously as it deserves, we are helping them to feel the joy that’s to be found in the creative spirit” –Fred Rogers
How to Make and Play with FAKE SNOW
What you need:
- 1x can of home brand Shaving Cream
- 1x 500g box of Bi-Carb Soda
- 1x shallow tray/bowl/platter
- 1x mixing utensil
- Empty a whole can of Shaving Cream into the tray and add Bi-Carb Soda, stirring in with a wooden spoon or spatula if you do not wish to use your hands, until it reaches a mouldable yet fluffy consistency.
- Approximately one can of Shaving Cream to one box of Bi-Carb Soda will reach the desired effect.
- You can add peppermint essence and/or glitter for scent and sparkle (optional).
Wa-la! Do you wanna build a Snowman?