Volunteer at Playgroup SA
Volunteers provide an important contribution to the overall vision of Playroup SA. All contributions from volunteers are welcomed and valued. There are a range of different volunteer roles that Playgroup SA can offer.
Playgroup SA values the knowledge, commitment, and contributions of its employees in creating safe environments that welcome families and encourage a place of belonging and community. We aim to provide all employees with a safe, friendly, flexible, and professional working environment.
|Length of contract||Fixed term until 17 December 2020|
|Dependant on qualifications and experience|
|Location||Based at Prospect (service delivery off-site)|
|Line/s of support||Manager, Community Impact Team|
|Application closing date||29 September 2020|
- Supporting the delivery of a Facilitated Playgroup in Lobethal.
- Data collection
- Working in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Where identified, referrals to other services
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- Qualifications in Early Childhood Education – Diploma or ECT
- Experience planning and implementing programs for young children and their families
- Excellent communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds particularly in relation to children, families and staff.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work collaboratively and effectively within a team to achieve shared objectives.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- A current Working with Children Check
- A current Police Check
- Child Safe Environments.
- Working with Children Check (Current DHS Child Related Employment screening)
- Current SA driver’s license.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience delivering community based supported playgroups
- Experience delivering parenting group programs
- Qualifications and/or experience working with and supporting vulnerable families
The Program Support role will include supporting the delivery of a Playgroup in Lobethal for children and their families once per week. The role will also focus on embedding inclusive practices in the Playgroup using the PlayTogether Framework developed by Playgroup SA.
Working as part of a team, you will deliver an engaging parent/child supported playgroup providing early childhood education activities with children 0 – 6 years, and aiming of build parental confidence and capacity. You will be passionate about children and improving outcomes for families.
Who will you work with?
The successful applicant will have a line of support and work closely with the Community Impact Team Manager.
About Playgroup SA
Playgroup SA is a dynamic not for profit community organisation with a small multi-disciplinary team. If you feel you have the necessary creative skills/qualifications to fulfil this role, then please contact Alicia Beames at Playgroup SA for a copy of the job description. Applications close 29 September 2020.
For all applications please include the following:
- Cover letter
For more information please contact Alicia.email@example.com or (08)8344 2722