Safe Environments for Children & Young People
"Through Their Eyes."
(Formerly Child Safe Environments).
Our Community Response to Child Abuse and Neglect.
Explore the issues of child protection, gain an understanding of child abuse and neglect, learn about your responsibility to report concerns about children at risk and receive your certificate in Safe Environments for Children & Young People.
At the end of this training you will be able to:
- Identify situations or behaviours of concern that warrant reporting to the Department for Child Protection
- Demonstrate awareness of the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 including the responsibilities of individuals, mandated notifiers and organisations who provide a service to children and young people
- Understand trauma related behaviours and indicators
- Consider appropriate ways to respond to disclosures of abuse
- Understand the process of reporting to the Child Abuse Report Line (CARL) and the elements of an effective notification
No creche provided.
|Thursday, 27th February, 2020, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM|