Safe Environments for Children & Young People
ONLINE WORKSHOP - FULL DAY
"Through Their Eyes."
(Formerly Child Safe Environments).
Our Community Response to Child Abuse and Neglect.
Explore the issues of child protection, gain an understanding of child abuse and neglect, learn about your responsibility to report concerns about children at risk and receive your certificate in Safe Environments for Children & Young People.
Thursday October 22nd 2020
Free for PGSA Coordinators
$25 PGSA members
$75 non members
At the end of this training you will be able to:
- Identify situations or behaviours of concern that warrant reporting to the Department for Child Protection
- Demonstrate awareness of the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 including the responsibilities of individuals, mandated notifiers and organisations who provide a service to children and young people
- Understand trauma related behaviours and indicators
- Consider appropriate ways to respond to disclosures of abuse
- Understand the process of reporting to the Child Abuse Report Line (CARL) and the elements of an effective notification
The workshop will be delivered online, with the link being sent to attendees the day prior.
Pre-reading and course materials will also be emailed to participants before the workshop.
For any questions, please contact Alicia on 1800 171 882.
|Thursday, 22nd October, 2020, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM|