Program Facilitator, Every Body Play (Pt Augusta)
Playgroup SA values the knowledge, commitment, and contributions of its employees in creating safe environments that welcome families and encourage a place of belonging and community. We aim to provide all employees with a safe, family friendly, flexible, and professional working environment.
Length of contract: Fixed term until 30 June 2022
Level/Award: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Hours per-week: 22
Location: Based at Pt Augusta
Line/s of support: Programs Partner, Programs Team
Application closing date: 29 September 2021
- Supported Playgroup implementation and planning
- Data collection and reporting
- Working in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Where identified, referrals to other services
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- Work well independently and have the skills to manage your time, setting priorities, planning and organising your work
- Current SA driver’s licence & Police Clearance
- Current DHS Working With Children Check
- Current DHS Vulnerable-person related employment check
- Current First Aid qualifications
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualification in community services, early childhood, family support, social work or equivalent and extensive experience in the community services sector (desirable).
- Experience in early childhood education and/or family support
- Experience delivering children and family group programs
- Qualifications and/or experience working with children and families
The Program Facilitator role will include supporting the delivery of a Supported Playgroup for children and their families three times per week. You will develop session plans that will support children to thrive and provide information and referrals for local families who require additional support.
Working as part of a team, you will deliver an engaging parent/child supported playgroup providing early childhood education activities with children 0 – 6 years and aiming to build parental confidence and capacity. You will be passionate about children and improving outcomes for families. You will work well independently and have the skill to manage your time, setting priorities, planning and organising your work.
Who will you work with?
The successful applicant will have a line of support and work closely with the Programs Partner and broader Playgroup SA team.
About Playgroup SA
Playgroup SA is a dynamic not for profit community organisation with a small multi-disciplinary team.
Please click here for the full Role Profile. If you feel you have the necessary creative skills/qualifications to fulfil this role, then please apply using the form below. Applications close 29 September 2021.
For all applications please include the following:
- Cover letter
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply.
Volunteer at Playgroup SA
Volunteers provide an important contribution to the overall vision of Playroup SA. All contributions from volunteers are welcomed and valued. There are a range of different volunteer roles that Playgroup SA can offer.