Volunteers provide an important contribution to the overall vision of Playgroup SA. All contributions from volunteers are welcomed and valued. There are a range of different volunteer roles that Playgroup SA can offer.
Every Body Play Playgroups & Parenting Programs (Port Augusta)
Location: Regional (Port Augusta)
Line of support: Programs Partner, Programs Team
Hours per week: 25
End date: 30/6/2024
- Provide support and mentoring to Playgroup and Parenting Program facilitators
- Engage and support families and their children in all playgroups and parenting programs.
- Data collection and reporting
- Working in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Where identified, referrals to other services
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualification in community services, early childhood, family support, health, social work or equivalent and extensive experience in the community services sector
- Work well independently and have the skills to manage your time, setting priorities, planning and organising your work
- Recent experience in leadership and mentoring of staff
- Current SA driver’s licence & Police Clearance
- Current DHS Working With Children Check
- Current DHS Vulnerable-person related employment check
- Current First Aid certificate
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience in early childhood education and/or family support
- Experience delivering children and family group programs
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of child development
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with external stakeholders
The Program Lead role will support the planning, and coordination of the Supported Playgroup and Parenting Programs in the Port Augusta Region. The successful applicant will work with the Program Partner to support the ongoing facilitation of Playgroups and Parenting programs and provide regular supervision to staff and establish contingency plans for when staff are not able to deliver the program.
Working as part of a team, you will be passionate about providing support to families and children as well as program facilitators. You will have recent experience in leadership and mentoring and will be competent in building and maintaining professional relationships with key stakeholders. You will be competent in the collection of data and writing reports and you will be able to manage your time effectively.
Who will you work with?
The successful applicant will have a line of support and work closely with the Programs Partner and broader Playgroup SA team. External support may also be provided by the Uniting Country SA – Communities for Children Port Augusta team.
About Playgroup SA
Playgroup SA is a dynamic not for profit community organisation with a small multi-disciplinary team.
For the full Position Description, please click HERE. If you feel you have the necessary creative skills/qualifications to fulfil this role, then please apply below. Applications close 7th December 2023.
For all applications please include the following:
- Cover letter
TO APPLY for this position go to https://www.seek.com.au/job/71359589
For further information or to discuss the role, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (08)8344 2722