Volunteer at Playgroup SA
Volunteers provide an important contribution to the overall vision of Playroup SA. All contributions from volunteers are welcomed and valued. There are a range of different volunteer roles that Playgroup SA can offer.
Playgroup SA values the knowledge, commitment, and contributions of its employees in creating safe environments that welcome families and encourage a place of belonging and community. We aim to provide all employees with a safe, friendly, flexible, and professional working environment.
|Length of contract||Fixed term until 02 July 2021|
|Dependant on qualifications and experience|
|Location||Based at Prospect (service delivery off-site)|
|Line/s of support||Manager, Community Impact Team|
|Application closing date||27 Janurary 2021|
- Facilitating a Supported Playgroup for children with a disability
- Data collection
- Working in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Where identified, referrals to other services
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- Qualifications in Early Childhood Education – Diploma or Bachelor
- Experience planning and implementing programs for young children and their families
- Excellent communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds particularly in relation to children, families and staff
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work collaboratively and effectively within a team to achieve shared objectives.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- A current Police Check
- Child Safe Environments.
- A current working with Children Check (Current DHS Child Related Employment screening)
- Current SA driver’s license.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience delivering community based supported playgroups
- Experience working with children and families with a disability
- Experience delivering parenting group programs
- Qualifications and/or experience working with and supporting vulnerable families
The Program Facilitator role will include supporting the delivery of a Supported Playgroup for children and their families once per week. The Playgroup will be co-facilitated with a cultural, sport and rec staff member. 5 places in the program will be reserved for children who have a disability. The role will also focus on embedding inclusive practices in the Playgroup using the PlayTogether Framework developed by Playgroup SA.
Working as part of a team, you will deliver an engaging parent/child supported Playgroup providing early childhood education activities with children 0 – 6 years, and aiming of build parental confidence and capacity. You will be passionate about children and improving outcomes for families.
Who will you work with?
The successful applicant will have a line of support and work closely with the Community Impact Team Manager.
About Playgroup SA
Playgroup SA is a dynamic not for profit community organisation with a small multi-disciplinary team. If you feel you have the necessary creative skills/qualifications to fulfil this role, then please contact Alicia Beames at Playgroup SA for a copy of the job description. Applications close 29 September 2020.
For all applications please include the following:
- Cover letter
For more information please contact Alicia.email@example.com or (08)8344 2722